Washington State fair is opening their doors to military families and veterans. Each Monday, all active, retired and reserve military members and their dependents will get into the fair, free of charge.
With 43 more days to go until the fair opens, here are some things to look forward to:
- Tim McGraw, J. Cole, X Ambassadors and several other artists will perform throughout the month.
- Watching cowboys at the rodeo.
- Rides, rides, rides. Did we say rides?
- Petting zoos like the Piglet Palace.
- All the fair food you could ever want and never actually need. But who cares, it’s delicious.
Fun Fact: More than 1.6 million fair scones, dripping with honey and jam, were served at the 2015 fair.
One of the biggest fairs in the world lights up Washington state for 21 days with star-studded entertainment, world-class rodeo, rides, animals, delicious food, feature exhibits, activities for the kids and much more. The Washington State Fair – Do the Puyallup is the largest fair in the state – and the Pacific Northwest. Started in 1900, it is a staple of an American pastime, while offering contemporary features to enjoy and explore. It now kicks off the Friday of Labor Day Weekend. The Washington State Fair will be held Sept. 2-25, 2016 (closed Tuesdays). For more info, visit www.thefair.com.